Friday 19 August 2011

Introductions

Firstly let me introduce myself.  My name is Ellie Birch, I'm 41 years old and I'm a recovering.............. couch potato!!



3 years ago on 20 November (also my sons 3rd birthday) I lost my wonderful Dad to heart desease and determined to turn my life around, get fit and lead a healthier lifestyle. I was at the peak of fitness running 5k's, 10 k's, half marathons and training for my first marathon and I'd lost 6stone.

BUT . . . Due to a shoulder injury that took me out for  nearly 12 months and having needed 2 operations I had put a stone of that back on and my fitness levels had dropped considerably and my self esteem was at an all time low.  I needed a boost, a kick up the bum and but more importantly some motivation to get me back on track so I asked around to try and get a group of girls together to walk the London Moonwalk with me in 2012.


Little did I know that I would soon be walking around with people I hardly knew but who very soon to became very good friends.


This blog will be written by our 'walking group'.  It will no doubt contain hopes, tears, fears and be tinged with sadness but hopefully will contain a whole heap of laughter from a group of girls that are not only building a wonderful friendship but who are also getting fitter together too.

We hope you enjoy our journey too.

Ellie
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Great Ellie, can't wait to read about everyone's progress,

    'The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goals to reach.' ~ Dr Benjamin Mayes

    You have dreams and goals, Go get em!!
    Andy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very proud of you. If Thursday night is anything to go by you are ALL going to have a ball. Love Mum. XX

    ReplyDelete